Spring is one of the very best times of the year to sell your home. Regardless of what the market is like, you usually have the best opportunity for variety of choice in the springtime because the largest number of buyers are actively searching for new homes during the timeframe of April through June.
The number of Days on Market (DOM) matter to a home buyer because buyers are generally pulled towards fresh, new listings. You can do several things to your home to help it stand out among the slew of new listings that are sure to flood the spring-time real estate market. Here are a few tips to sell your home in spring.
1. Articulate lawns make a yard look sharp and give you an edge by letting buyers know that you pay attention to detail. Mow your lawn and edge lawn along your driveway and sidewalks diagonally. Diagonally mowed lawns will also make your yard appear larger. If you have a rock yard, keep it tidy or consider designing a pattern with different colored stones.
2. Trim back the bushes and rake the yard. Clean out dead leaves from the gutter and pick up debris on your lawn. You don’t want vegetation overgrown and blocking the windows or path to the entrance. Cut back bushes and tree limbs to let in the sun, plus, it helps showcase the exterior of your home.
3. Yellow flowers make it pop! Yellow flowers are specifically proven to stimulate buying urges. Everybody is anxious to see the first signs of spring with flowers like yellow tulips and daffodils! Flowers induce feelings of happiness and yellow is a color for contentment. You should arrange several flower pots near the entrance of the home.
4. Cleaning is the first step when preparing your home for sale at any time of year. Wash all windows inside and out, and polish any mirrors inside the house. Sparkle and shine comes free, and it sells homes. Your home will seem so inviting and visitors will feel drawn to it if the windows are spotless and your mirrors reflect sunlight.
5. Pretty Pastels: Especially in the spring, utilize towels, throws, and pillows in light pastel colors. Items like towels, linens, throws and sofa pillows are inexpensive accents you can replace. Soft spring colors will light up any room. You can layer towels on bathroom towel racks and place rolled washcloths on the counters in the bathroom.
6. Polishings your floors will help your sale. Buyers like clean floors and doing so makes rooms look larger. Hardwood floors should be refinished and your ceramic and linoleum floors should twinkle and shine. Be sure to bleach dull grout and thoroughly clean/beat out all area rugs.